every profession contains its own insider terminology, and carpet floor cleaning is no exception. here are 12 ways you must know before cleaning your carpet floor.
1. browning - the effect created when spots reappear because dirt or old dark spots appear on the mat surface.
2. builder - compounds added to carpet floor cleaning solutions to soften water and increase the cleaning efficiency.
3. cloud - the effect created when the carpet is wet and the residue of past carpet floor cleaning solutions rise to the surface, creating a cloudy effect.
4. digester - an enzyme-based cleanser that breaks down or digests stains to make them easier to remove.
5. fiber - the main material used in the stack of carpets. the type of fiber is important because it determines cleaning methods and solutions. about 90% of the carpet is made of synthetic fibers such as nylon, while about 10% is made of natural fibers such as wool, bamboo or silk.
6. grooming - some cleaners use this term to describe the process of applying a pretreatment and working in the carpet fibers with a grooming tool. others use it to refer to the final step where a grooming tool is used to dispense the final protective